Established by Lynton Chalmers in 2006, Chalmers Legal Studio is a boutique commercial law firm with a deep knowledge of the Western Australian property market.
We are a team of experienced lawyers, conveyancers and support staff working together to help our clients achieve their business objectives in a practical and cost effective manner.
Our clients are primarily involved in the property industry and include property developers, builders, corporate and private investors with property assets, real estate agents and strata companies. We enjoy a mutually rewarding and longstanding relationship with many of our clients.
We were accredited with the Quality Practice Standard by the Law Society of Western Australia in 2013. We strive for consistently excellent, comprehensible and prompt service for all of our clients.
Our Legal Services
Development and Strata Titles
We can advise you and prepare all documents necessary if you are seeking to subdivide, develop, build multiple dwellings or commence a strata title scheme. We regularly prepare:
- Development agreements;
- Tailored sales contracts including “off the plan” sales contracts;
- Joint venture agreements;
- Commercial contracts; and
- Land use and control documents such as easements and restrictive covenants.
We can assist you in litigation and dispute resolution in commercial and proprietary matters. We have prosecuted, defended and appealed a wide variety of claims and may appear on your behalf in the Magistrates, District and Supreme Courts as well as at the State Administrative Tribunal. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you wish to discuss your matter with one of our lawyers.
We can assist you in:
- Leasing including the preparation of lease documents for commercial and retail premises, extension of leases, assignment of leases, variation of leases, defaults and applications to all relevant bodies
- Strata Company matters including arranging meetings and making applications to relevant bodies;
- Corporate matters including incorporation, public raising and managed investments;
- Sales contracts of properties, businesses, shares and other assets;
- Undertaking legal due diligence for the purchase of businesses, shares and other assets.
We offer services in succession planning, particularly in the preparation of:
- Family Trusts and Wills
- Enduring Powers of Attorney; and
- Powers of Attorney
- Documents pertaining to corporate structure such as for the formation for partnerships, corporations, trusts or joint ventures.
We have a dedicated conveyancing team to assist you with all aspects of the purchase and sale of land including attending to settlement, stamping and the lodgement of all Landgate forms including caveats. The conveyancing team works alongside the legal department so that legal advice is readily available should any issues arise during the settlement process. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you wish for us to provide you with a quote for our settlement fees